Thursday, April 22, 2010

this life


Monday I got to celebrate my birthday. Got hugs, kisses, letters, flowers, gifts, e-mails, voicemails, texts, FB & Multiply messages from friends and loved ones wishing me well which brought me lots of joy.

Well, another year, another number off the calendar. It's 34, if you're wondering. I still can remember when being "off the calendar" seemed so old, so settled, so way past its prime. But now that I'm at it, it's all good. Thank God life has taught me that old is only a state of mind, that old is only as old as you feel. By no means am I "old" but definitely there's this sense of being "older". And I believe that as I age, I am changing --- as a person.

I don't feel old, but what I do feel is happy and blessed.


Blessed. I feel very blessed and rich to have so many wonderful people in my life right now. Dwight, Nikki, and Dale. A wonderful family, could I ask for more? Then there's friends who are more like family too. Laughter and sharing life together (virtual or otherwise) binds the spirit of friends and my friends have all been godsend to me. We might not be able to get together, write often, chat as much or talk on the phone as long as we would like (as a lot do not live closeby), yet we are connected by modern technology --- which I am truly grateful for. Between paying the bills, dealing with life's pressures or concerns over love, marriage or raising children and just "living", with the internet or the phone (and throw in good old snailmail, which I love love love and miss), going through your days' a little easier, bearable and it sure feels like friends are just right there with you. I am fortunate to have these friends that understand this life I'm in. They make life better -- as we encourage one another to be better -- and for that I feel so blessed having them.

Happy. I am at a stage where life is good and challenging and just suited for me. Gone are are times when my life was built by ideas of what I or life should be, or when it was founded by somebody else's ideas or dreams for me. This is me, and this life is mine. As what Ralph Waldo Emerson once said, " You are constantly invited to be what you are." And at age 34, I can say I am happy with who I am. I am made this way for this reason, and I'm going to celebrate it. Happy birthday to me.


Life is beautiful. My husband, my kids, my family, my friends, my soul sisters and kindred spirits alike --- you all have made my life beautiful. I am priviledged to know you and to be a part of your lives as you have been in mine.

Thank you and ♥ God Bless.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Yen.
    You are deeply loved. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Yen. You deserve all the love because you give so much love too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Ai! Thank you Chi! Thank you for being wonderful additions to my life! =)

    ReplyDelete

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Followers

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP